1990 Chevy sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
What happen on friday? And man.. You alsways change your mindd!

ER Visit that lasted nearly 8 hrs and almost ended with me admitted. Well yea to a degree but i looked at a Sierra crew cab with the All Terrain Plus package which is basically an upgraded Z71. Also learned that the Z71s actually have upgraded shocks like the GMT400 versions did. But the 800s and 900s used the same shocks as the standard 4x4.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
USAF I also did a carbed 383. If I was doing it again I would probably go with a ls motor with fuel injection. It is a lot more adjustable than a carb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I'd love to ssay I've done a ton of work to thiss rig, but sadly.. Haven't touched it all summer. With winter creeping up, I'm planning on having the cab all done by february. Have the firewall shaved, new rocker and cab corners.. Also want to have the. Body line behind the cab that srat at the roof down to the cab corners. Then hopefully I will have found a ZL1 hood, or start doing the custom box.. We'll see where life takes me lol

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
well I've been away from the build in the last few months.... but I got lots of stuff to add, no pics yet though... but anyhow, I got my whole polyurethane bushing kit (includes everything for suspension, and body mounts) also got my rear wheel brake conversion kit from SSBC with their master cylinder upgrade as well!!! pretty excited about that!! I ordered the rear sway bar, and gas tank! So looks like I can pretty much finish up the rear of the frame on the pickup truck, all ill need is coil overs. So what ill do is install a crossbar to mount them then just weld a rod to hold the rear axle on... so ill be able to fit the box on the new frame... cut out the floor, widen out the wheel wells and to fit a wider tire back there. I'm not sure what I mentioned last, but I also got my stainless steel wood bed kit, all I need is to order some cherry wood. once I got that, I can start the custom box.

The box will consist of shaving the fuel door, shaving tail gate latch, I will also shave the steak pockets! then like stated above, will widen the wheel wells about an inch. I also have a old tailgate "Chevrolet" banner that I will put in the "firewall" of the bed. Something that came off a 40's-50's truck. I then will cut out the floor and stain the wood a dark cherry red! probably going to powder coat the stainless steel rails black too. in the bed, im going to install a black billet aluminum fuel door, and have a small billet door to fill up my relocated windshield washer fluid jug. Last thing, is having DEV's LED lighting kit to light up the bed in Red.

Also my biggest plan is to get the cab all button up and paint the inner doors/firewall and the back of the cab so I can get the whole truck painted at one shoot without taking the bed off and doors again.

I will update with pictures of everything when I receive all my parts, I assume it'll be in the next week or two...

Btw, has any one ever use the AGR steering gear box, 12:1 ?
http://www.jegs.com/p/AGR/AGR-Street-Power-Steering-Box/761792/10002/-1

this is what I bought, I looked at the 454ss sport one, but this looked better built... so I figured id pull the trigger on this part. Will also order their power steering pump and run a Jeep shaft.. should give my truck an awesome steering ....