Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldschool88

Reaction score
I'm new here and I have a question. I have a 1988 GMC C1500 that had a 305. I recently swapped it for a 350 out of a 1995 Chevy K1500. This is my first swap so what do I need for a wiring harness? Will the harness match up with the truck as well? And is there anything else I need to do to get it running? I'm hoping the hard part is out of the way. Any info is much appreciated!

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you use the Throttle Body from the 95 you should be good. You may need to get a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) adapter cable. Then you'll need a chip (BCC) for a 350 and the same trans in your ECM. Everything else should bolt up.

TPS adapter, make sure the connectors look right
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233382109198?hash=item3656a8600e:g:gZgAAMXQ9y9SM1~r

Your chip should look like the one on the right in the plastic holder.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Small block Chevy is small block Chevy.
Use the '88 wiring harness, use the '88 assessory drive, use the '88 exhaust.
There are only slight differences: Injector size, knock sensor
The distributor, coil, EGR, a/c will direct swap.

I swapped in a 355 in place of my 305, using the 305 TBI and 305 computer chip. Never had a fuel starvation issue, damn thing ran like a ***** date! The ECM learned to run the motor from the single O2 inputs, and 305 electronics.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had a fuel starvation issue, damn thing ran like a ***** date! The ECM learned to run the motor from the single O2 inputs, and 305 electronics.
I didn't think the ECM can add/subtract much more than 12% fuel in your INT/BLMs. Did you data log to see these? The 305 came with 51 LB/HR injectors where the 350 had 61LB/HR for a total of 20LB/HR more fuel. I would assume your VE tables were way off too unless you jacked up your fuel pressure?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never did any other adjustments. Just drove it like I stole it. Plowed snow, pulled my 4 wheeler trailer, and to & from work for 3 years. Only saw a light gray discoloring on the plugs. Then I overheated the tranny plowing one winter...
I parked the ole girl out on my property, and replaced the truck with a '00 Denali. About 2 years later I got a Craigslist 700r4 and made her move under her own power again.