1978 Nomad Trailer Restoration/Project: 88GMCtruck is at it again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Had another camping trip, up in the hills of Mt. Baker Snoqualmie National Park, at the base of Mt. Rainier. The weekend was incredibly warm and beautiful. The truck ran great, pulled the trailer like a champ. Only had 2 issues, the mosquitoes were fierce, and something punctured a trailer tire on the way out (nothing a plug didn't fix)

Anyway. enjoy.

You must be registered for see images attach

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Always finding ways to spend money. Last time I was up at the junkyard, they had a really rusted out, 60's ford camper van. I noticed that it had this brand spankin' new vent/fan installed in it and figured why the heck not. Picked it up for $20. Turns out it's a Shur-Flo Comfort Air Gold roof vent. Pushes 950CFM, is reversible direction, and has adjustable speed.

Out with the original vent.

In with the new

I've been wanting to install a second vent in the bathroom for some time now, as it has pretty bad ventilation having only one window. So, I cleaned up the old vent, marked everything out, blocked the opening and installed the original vent above the shower. It also added a few inches of headroom above the shower.

Getting ready to take another camping trip soon, taking the truck, trailer and quads back down to the sanddunes.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Bit of an update! after this summer of adventures, my P rated Cooper tires are about shot. I know, I know, p-rated tires on a trailer. They have adequate load capacity (well over the weight of the trailer) but are quite like balloons. The P sidewalls flex way too much. 2 of them have plugs and one has a bulge in the sidewall. I hadn't had a problem and always check pressure before leaving and check temps when I stop. On my last trip one of the plugs started leaking badly, I re-plugged it and still, it leaked down. So I've been on the lookout for a set of proper tires.

Last night I picked up these babies.

Maxxis M8008 ST225/75R15 Load D tires. Got them off craigslist for $180 with rims. They are only a few years old and were stored inside, and have almost no treadwear. They seller took them off his 5-er because he's going to be doing a year long cross country trip and wanted new tires. Good for me, these tires are well above the capacity I need for my trailer at 2,500 LBS each.

So I broke down the old tires to clean up the rims (unfortunately the 6-lug wheels won't work for me). They are off-white and have some rust here and there. You can see the difference in the second picture the difference between new and old paint.

Having them mounted and balanced after work today. Then getting ready for some camping this weekend!

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Had another camping trip, up in the hills of Mt. Baker Snoqualmie National Park, at the base of Mt. Rainier. The weekend was incredibly warm and beautiful. The truck ran great, pulled the trailer like a champ. Only had 2 issues, the mosquitoes were fierce, and something punctured a trailer tire on the way out (nothing a plug didn't fix)

Anyway. enjoy.