1978 Nomad Trailer Restoration/Project: 88GMCtruck is at it again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
awesome. i really need a camper

have you thought about painting the camper to match your truck?
I've discussed that a few times throughout the thread, eventually it'll be painted charcoal silver and burgundy.

Got me thinking I'll have to buy a 2500 next so I can get a camper without doing extreme mods to the Blazer
I had a 2500, it was nice but it was too long for many places I went, and i missed my red truck to play around in.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
I've discussed that a few times throughout the thread, eventually it'll be painted charcoal silver and burgundy.

I had a 2500, it was nice but it was too long for many places I went, and i missed my red truck to play around in.

I can see that with some of the trails you go up

PapaBear1500

Reaction score
just read the whole thing.... i must bow to you sir your wood working skills and guts are that of another world. trailer looks amazing and the 454 made me change pants. the inside of the trailer is amazing. id hate to know the price tag of what you have spent total over the project of just the trailer.

2 thumbs up on this project for sure.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Thanks! Honestly the trailer doesn't really have much into it monetarily, it's more in the hours. Most of the materials were cheap IMO. I probably have the most in lighting, tires and paint at this point.

I'm at the point where I could have bought a newer trailer in good shape, but it wouldn't be equipped like this one is.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
the would be pretty cool. you want em metal or plastic?
I'd end up just having vinyl stickers made for the outside, anything else would likely cost too much.

---------------------------------

On my last trip, the golf cart batteries were basically on their last legs. Between the heater, water pump and minimal lighting they wouldn't last more than the day. So, before I went on this trip I picked up a new larger pair of 12v marine batteries. I liked the golf cart batteries wired in series to make 12v for the safety factor. Well, their warranty is 3 months free replacement... 12 months pro rated. The new batteries are 12 months free, 3 years prorated. The golf cart ones lasted 2 years, hoping these will last longer.

Had to move the battery hold downs farther out and shorten them due tot he differing sizes.

You must be registered for see images attach

And my short trip this weekend.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I love this thread, I would like to see more lift on that trailer and A/T tires and some cool wheels!