1978 Nomad Trailer Restoration/Project: 88GMCtruck is at it again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I love this build and have been looking for a camper myself thanks for the inspiration man

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
You must be registered for see images attach

Welp, it happened. I ended up picking this 95 Alpenlite Silverton 11' camper. I originally wanted a 9'-9.5' camper, but after looking at them, there just wasn't enough storage space or general space inside. I looked at this and although it's heavy (3,200LBS with liquids) it has so many more features and space that it's worth it. Riding quads all day will be much nicer coming back to this to recoup.

It has a few problems - the roof will need replaced soon - for now it will get re-coated. There is some soft paneling near the dinette/couch, which will be repaired. I'm not worried about any of that with this camper - I specifically sought out an Alpenlite or Western Wilderness (same manufacturer) for their use of a fiberglass from cap and siding, one-piece rubber roof, aluminum framing and rigid foam insulation. The paneling and floor can rot and be replaced, but the structure and exterior are so much more solid than any wood framed camper.

It's loaded with everything but a TV and generator. Has a large fridge, microwave, AC, electronic ignition everything, CD player, rockford fosgate speakers.... And it has plenty of lighting (which will become LED soon). Plus is has heated holding tanks for winter use.

I ordered a set of torklift frame mount camper tie-downs, a 17k superhitch, and 48" extension.

What does this mean for the trailer?

It's going away.

Last edited:

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice score. I too am looking at TCs since selling our huge TT. I'm still waiting to find the 20 year old, one owner, stored in a barn, and barely used one to pop up for sale somewhat local to me.

If I amy ask, where did you get your torklifts from? I'm on the lookout for a used set, but will probably end up buying new because I can't find the model I need used anywhere.
Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Nice score. I too am looking at TCs since selling our huge TT. I'm still waiting to find the 20 year old, one owner, stored in a barn, and barely used one to pop up for sale somewhat local to me.

If I amy ask, where did you get your torklifts from? I'm on the lookout for a used set, but will probably end up buying new because I can't find the model I need used anywhere.
Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk
I got mine from www.tweetysrv.com They were the cheapest I could find shipped, for both the superhitch, truss and tork lift brackets.

I wish I could buy your trailer!
Come to WA and drag it home :p

Wish I would have seen this one before it sold, though it's quite a ways from me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/truck-campe...em25905f12e8&item=161335939816&pt=RVs_Campers
Wow, that is in great shape for it's age. I imagine that thing is HEAVY.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I got mine from www.tweetysrv.com They were the cheapest I could find shipped, for both the superhitch, truss and tork lift brackets.

Come to WA and drag it home :p

Wow, that is in great shape for it's age. I imagine that thing is HEAVY.
I would if it wasn't So far haha

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Nice find! I love Alpenlites, they are great units! You did the right thing by trying to find fiberglass. I looked at a few years ago when I bought one. I used to have a Lance 920.

I'm sure your dually will haul that thing 1,000,000 times better than my old Powerjoke would. That thing was scary sometimes even with airbags on it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sorry to see the trailer go after all that work you put into it. Someone's gonna get a helluva rig!
Like'n the camper though.
When I had my last square body (3/4t, 8600gvw) I was looking into one of these. But at the time the were too new & too much $$$.
You must be registered for see images

There's an R.V. dismantler up the valley. He's got one of these in his yard, just in a smaller version. Looked at it a few times, but it's so far gone it's not worth rebuilding. Too bad, 'cause between me & my ex-foreman from working on aircraft (similar shapes) could apply our experience & knowledge from that to really do it up.

You must be registered for see images

Yoder Toter Silver Shadow