1956 case 311 tractor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Might pull the trigger on these parts, I'm just having a hell of a time checking out. shipping is outrageous for like 1Lb of stuff and then theres Conversion and probably Duty once it makes it here. $110 CAD right now for $40 US in parts. Naw fuckit I'll pass for now.

I have to be able to find these parts somewhere here in Canada.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's messed up on the freight! Lots of carb floats back in the day were made of brass. Guys used to solder them if they got a leak or hole.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
apparently the shut off valve must leak. I could NOT blow any air through it when i tested it. but gas must be making it through. this morning the separator bowl is full of fuel after I turned the valve off and let the tractor run out. the damn carb is full and leaking AGAIN. FFS!

I'm guna have to switch that valve or maybe repair the gasket. ahh man there could be some rust in there keeping it open. I only put about 1 gallon of fuel in the tank but it's not empty yet!

this is guna be messy!

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I installed a temporary fuel shut off valve. I forgot I even had these handy little things. another good reason to use the rubber fuel lines.

I'm guessing this could be why they had the extra valve beside the carb. I have found some 1/8" NPT ball valves and I'm sure theres lots of room beside the carb for one of those.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
All right! I spent $105 CAD on a complete carb rebuild kit on Ebay. this way all duty and shipping charges are done thanks to the global shipping program. no surprises and they do seem to finally have their shìt together and it shouldn't take that long to get here.

Man I shopped around and couldnt find a better deal. it's coming from a US seller that specializes in carburetors and this all appears to be US made stuff and includes some tools to clean and repair the carb.

In the meantime I'm going to finally finish the wiring and get the body back on I'll come back to the carb and oil change later... I also need a oil filter before I can do that anyways.

later!

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out that after my wife heard the tractor run, she did increase the budget to get it running perfect. haha I was going to solder the float, still will actually but without that gasket I am hesitant to take the carb off.... my wife suggested buying whatever the carb needs so...... buying that kit was her idea.

Man I'm so lucky, she fillets my fish and butchers my game. haha, actually it's all teamwork and we work together to get shìt done.

to her this tractor means heat for the house and possibly a longer maple syrup season.

Last edited: