16" Jeep Wheels on '89 C1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fmetalx

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought four oem 16" Jeep wheels for my 1989 Chevy C1500. They fit fine in the back but rub against the control arm upfront. At first I figured just buy spacers but everything I've read about them seems negative so I'm trying to find another solution. Any ideas? :hmm:

Picture of wheel:
You must be registered for see images

Sorry if this has been posted before but didn't find anything searching :uhoh2:

Also, these wheels apparantly fit any Wrangler 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 JK 2- or 4- Door and Grand Cherokee from 1999 on if that helps.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
How big of spacers would you have to run for the fronts to fit right? If they're like 1" or under I wouldn't be too worried about it, JMO

fmetalx

Reaction score
They looks good but is a spacer necessary or am I just doing something wrong?

How big of spacers would you have to run for the fronts to fit right? If they're like 1" or under I wouldn't be too worried about it, JMO
I'm not sure I'll check when I'm back from work. All the crazy "my wheel came off driving down the road" stories are on larger spacers?

Last edited:

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
His were 17s so they may fit alright without a spacer where your 16s need one :shrug: Not a whole lot can go wrong with installing wheels :lol:

fmetalx

Reaction score
His were 17s so they may fit alright without a spacer where your 16s need one :shrug: Not a whole lot can go wrong with installing wheels :lol:
If something can go wrong, I usually figure out how to make it go wrong :p

i'm pretty sure they are. brandon is a mechanic and won't BS you... msg him.
Ok, thanks.

These are some quick replies!