Help with wheel specs on a 4/6 djm drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vince290

Reaction score
I have a 1998 c1500 with a djm flip kit in the back and djm lower control arms and springs in the front, I'm trying to get 22s but I'm having trouble finding the right specs and I'm not so sure what specs I even need. I saw the thread that said like +30 something offset for 9 or 9.5 inch wide wheels but that's a lot I'm not tucking I'm flush though, I don't need to fit the whole wheel in the fender well like a bagged truck, I feel like +10 on a 9 wide should be fine but I'm trying to clarify everything. I plan to get 265/35r22 regardless or wheel width. Any advice is helpful, if you have the same setup and have pictures of fitment and your wheel specs that would be very very helpful

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant give an absolute answer but can make a suggestion. If you know the backspacing of your current wheels and the diameter of your current tires, you should be able to find the answer. The tires you want to run are 29.3" diameter and 10.4" width, what size tire do you have on the truck now?
How do you like the DJM lower control arms? Is the ride good? Did you install them yourself?

Vince290

Reaction score
I cant give an absolute answer but can make a suggestion. If you know the backspacing of your current wheels and the diameter of your current tires, you should be able to find the answer. The tires you want to run are 29.3" diameter and 10.4" width, what size tire do you have on the truck now?
How do you like the DJM lower control arms? Is the ride good? Did you install them yourself?
The control arms are good, work perfectly and the quality is good, rides great to me and yes I installed them myself in my driveway, then had a shop do the alignment. I have 275/60r15 and they rub the control arm and sway bar but I got wheels now and I'm removing the sway bar and going to make a bump stop to keep the wheel from hitting the control arm, I still get probably 3/4 of my turning radius at least with 22x9.5 dub ballers

Vince290

Reaction score
The control arms are good, work perfectly and the quality is good, rides great to me and yes I installed them myself in my driveway, then had a shop do the alignment. I have 275/60r15 and they rub the control arm and sway bar but I got wheels now and I'm removing the sway bar and going to make a bump stop to keep the wheel from hitting the control arm, I still get probably 3/4 of my turning radius at least with 22x9.5 dub ballers

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd remove the sway bar.
Without, you're going to get a lot of body-lean & that's going to put those tires right up into the undersides of the fenderwells during any kind of corning, even without getting enthusiastic.
The sway bar only gets touched during tight turning. Either don't turn so tight that the wheels touch the bar, or fab up a small stop to prevent.