14 Bolt Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
idk, i think you'll have to find another 2wd 14b

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Get a 2wd 6-lug 14 bolt and convert your front rotors to 6-lug. Then you'll need rims too, obviously.
You can't convert the front to 8 lug without a stupid amount of work.

You can get a 5-lug 14-bolt out of a 454ss, but those are extremely rare. I don't know if you can just get the axle shafts. If anybody has a source for them, post it up.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I meant because the 2wd axels are a different widths not because of how many lug they are

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I meant because the 2wd axels are a different widths not because of how many lug they are
Well then I might as well convert to 6 lug now then. That way in the future when I go through the endeavor of a 4WD conversion, I wont have to have to convert to a 4WD axle.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
yah that'd probably be better but if you don't mind me asking why don't you just sell the 2wd and buy a 4wd it'd save a lot of work

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it seems to me that 4WD Suburbans are rare and rarer in my area, so I wouldnt be able to find one readily. Also, I was going to do a SAS to make it 4WD and avoid figuring out torsion bars and the such.
Plus, I want the experience of having done it.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Well it seems to me that 4WD Suburbans are rare and rarer in my area, so I wouldnt be able to find one readily. Also, I was going to do a SAS to make it 4WD and avoid figuring out torsion bars and the such.
Plus, I want the experience of having done it.

Cool, that would be a neat project. Bear in mind if you go SAS you are not limited to 6 lugs as you pretty much are now. Food for thought. An 8 lug Dana 60 or something front and a FF 14-bolt 8-lug rear would be a cool combo.