1157 LED for 120v???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not having any luck finding any, thought maybe someone could help me out here, or possibly have another good idea.

I cut up a old rust bed I had laying around for a patio "bench" or "table" for when cooking out or entertaining, Before I body work it and paint it I want to get the taillights to light up somehow on 120v.

any ideas would be appreciated.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Years ago, I'd lit up a few old taillight housings with a 120v / 7 watt standard base night light bulb that fit perfectly where an 1157 used to go. The socket hole in the housing is often the same size as a standard base light bulb, so it was easy to put the night light bulb in there as it's just a little bigger than the base, and screw a small socket to the back of it, sandwiching the housing in between. Obviously this only works if the housing has a lens you can unscrew like that 67-72 bed end in your example.

Richard

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score