1 ton axle swap possibilities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok im working on gathering the parts for a sas on my 93 k1500 and my dad told me if i go 1 ton route he is going to give me a 14 bolt full floater he has so im wondering what would be a good 1 ton front axle with lockouts and a passenger drop

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
if you are asking a basic question like what axle you need you don't have the knowledge to perform a sas right now

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
ok im working on gathering the parts for a sas on my 93 k1500 and my dad told me if i go 1 ton route he is going to give me a 14 bolt full floater he has so im wondering what would be a good 1 ton front axle with lockouts and a passenger drop

Ford Dana 60 77-79, since its a driver side drop, i agree with dirtyhick though do a lot of research before you even think of starting it

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
go look around pirate and all the other threads on fsc and here and so on to get a better idea of an sas. just about everythings been covered here before. i can thtink of at least 6 threads plus more off the top of my head here regarding solid axle swaps.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the intended use for the truck? That could really open up your choices in front axles.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Just please, PLEASE don't do it to build a mall crawler.

A solid axle front swap is best done on a truck that will see serious and frequent off road use. Be it rock crawling or bogging serious mud.

Anything less is kind of a waste of money and effort, especially for mall crawling......:rofl:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Just please, PLEASE don't do it to build a mall crawler.

A solid axle front swap is best done on a truck that will see serious and frequent off road use. Be it rock crawling or bogging serious mud.

Anything less is kind of a waste of money and effort, especially for mall crawling......:rofl:
:lol: i couldn't agree more.

I'm glad to have for the second time retired mine from towing duty. I can actually play around with it now.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive been doing alittle over a years worth of research (before i even bought my truck) and i had everything planned out to keep it a 1/2 ton with a dana 44 up front and a corporate 12 bolt in the back, then my dad threw off the plans when he offered to give me the 14 ff and i knew about the dana 60 i was wondering if there were any other axles that were good options and the reason for a pass. drop is because this is a custom project, i want to delete as much of the computer as i can, im doing a older carbed 350, TH400, and im not sure on a transfercase yet but its going to have the same drivetrain as a 73-87 k10. and i like to keep all my builds general purpose, driving in town now and then off roading when im out camping and mudfest plus i like having my vehicles fully capable of anything i can throw at it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333