1'' body lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen a couple guys run the 3" body lift without the extension in place. Its been a little while since I've had the steering shaft apart and cant really remember how much slide there is to them. I would think that the full 3" it would be close for the 'spring' to fall out, which would cause some play in the shaft.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well one thing I can think of comes to mind.......

your steering comes off and ya got NO steering at all at the wheel.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well one thing I can think of comes to mind.......

your steering comes off and ya got NO steering at all at the wheel.

I think there is enough slide in the shaft that it wont seperate, unless some major flexing is going on with cab and frame. But I could be wrong as it has been a couple years since I've had the shaft out of my truck and cant really remember how long it will extend to.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that may be very true, and most likely you are right, since I have not had one off, but I'm just saying what could happen as he asked.

chevykid90

Reaction score
thanks to all of you guys for answering my question....... here is my problem i know i might be on the wrong but i kinda want to try it, if it dont work then ill do it in a different way.
i am looking to do a 2" body lift on my truck i have a 94 chevy 1500 it is the first truck i have ever owned.
i am not to go out and buy a 3 or even 400 dollar lift kit so I've been doing a little looking into the hole hokey puck idea and i might try it...
I've heard a lot of bad stuff about them but I've also hear just as much good about them, my problems are finding the right bolts for the body mount,
finding out about the 4x4 shaft witch is on the floor and the steering extension problem, my questions are is there anything i can do about them or can i get by without having to do much to them?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

for your safety and everyone else on the road, the freakin body lift costs less then $200 and you'd spend that much in bolts and head scratching trying to make things work.

If not go to zone off road, they sell body lift blocks seperatly, buy them, and then buy bolts and make your own. it'd be cheaper but you have to track down bolts and make brackets and such yourself.

chevykid90

Reaction score
hahahah.... you sir have a good point about the safety of other on this one, i might just bite my lip and get a full kit for it.
thank you for that i never even thought of that i just wanted to make it work that's all

thank you again

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you are welcome, we like to keep ppl around here who like their trucks not see em get laid up in the hospitals or dead over something they did.

plenty have done them and worked, but anything works for off road like front axle blocks, it's just not safe or not legal for a reason.