1'' body lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, i dont post too often on here but figured maybe someone could answer this. I just sas'd my 97 and no longer need 3" of body lift. I would however like to just buy some 1" body lift spacer's and go that route. My question is will i need the steering extension on the 2 and 3 inch body lift kit. I looked up the parts both kit's have it. Just curious if any one has gone this route or ran into this before. I'll be getting some of these spacers and just measure and buy bolt's. http://diy4x.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=40&product_id=174 thanks.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
whatcha gonna do w/ the 3 inch kit? i want it for mine.

other guys have ran 3 inch kits w/ no extension, severl have made 1.5 body lifts and such maybe they'll chime in.

Last edited:

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sell it with the front and rear bumper brackets. If i can figure this shaft extension situation out.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will do if someone doesn't chime in then i'll just pull the trigger on it anyway, as i already did the front and rear axle swap if i can't figure this out i'll be in trouble :uhoh2:

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished a 3" body lift on the Yukon, and I drove it around for a few days without the steering extension. I put it on for peace of mind, but if I didn't really need it for a 3" lift, i'm pretty sure you won't need a steering extension for a 1" body lift.

Thats my experience anyway.

chevykid90

Reaction score
how high can you really go with out having to put a steering extension on and what would happen if you don' use or put on one?