WTT/FS: All Chrome GMC 88-93 Grill for OEM 88-93 GMC Grill OR $$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
As far as I know, the chrome grilles were available in 2 types. Chrome over plastic, and chromed plastic(chrome painted/coated). When they wear, the chrome over plastic peels in large chunks; the chromed plastic fades thru. I can't say the years they used these, but I've seen both types of wear in my yard....those grilles usually got chunked the moment you started seeing white showing thru, or the chrome overlay was rippling.

So chris, when are we gonna see this new grille? If ya can't find a buyer, holler at me....don't really need it, but whatever.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
As far as I know, the chrome grilles were available in 2 types. Chrome over plastic, and chromed plastic(chrome painted/coated). When they wear, the chrome over plastic peels in large chunks; the chromed plastic fades thru. I can't say the years they used these, but I've seen both types of wear in my yard....those grilles usually got chunked the moment you started seeing white showing thru, or the chrome overlay was rippling.

So chris, when are we gonna see this new grille? If ya can't find a buyer, holler at me....don't really need it, but whatever.

FedEx says it will be here tomorrow. I'm pumped, probably the one thing I didn't like about the truck cosmetically that I hadn't fixed yet, I'm just not a chrome fan. Also part of the keeping the '92 a '92 I have going.

Oh, and are you in the states? Its not heavy and I plan on re-using the box my new one comes in, and I'm not looking to get a fortune out of it.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well my uncle has my 92 right now, it does need a new grille(driver's corner got busted when a semi tractor/trailer was turning and got too close), but here lately I've been tryin to talk him into selling it back to me, so it would probably sit for a while. I'm just over here in Vicksburg,MS but I'm in starkville and meridian alot.

Also been taking random trips to bham, cuz my dad was getting corneal transplants done at uab's eye center.

If ya wanna just hold onto it until I take him back over there, I can come by in the truck and pick it up.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well my uncle has my 92 right now, it does need a new grille(driver's corner got busted when a semi tractor/trailer was turning and got too close), but here lately I've been tryin to talk him into selling it back to me, so it would probably sit for a while. I'm just over here in Vicksburg,MS but I'm in starkville and meridian alot.

Also been taking random trips to bham, cuz my dad was getting corneal transplants done at uab's eye center.

If ya wanna just hold onto it until I take him back over there, I can come by in the truck and pick it up.

Oh ok yeah you bet man, I myself am starting at UAB for my MBA in January. Top notch healthcare there, my grandmother is up here for stuff all the time with them.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score

Check my build thread in the Members Trucks section for a pic of the new one.