Winter project is getting there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Propower418

Reaction score
Should be painted tomorrow and then hopefully put together by the end of the week.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Wow, you do any awesome job painting in a garage! Can I ask what kind of paint equipment you have? Would you have any advice for painting in a non-dedicated paint booth?

Propower418

Reaction score
Wow, you do any awesome job painting in a garage! Can I ask what kind of paint equipment you have? Would you have any advice for painting in a non-dedicated paint booth?

Just a 60 gallon air compressor and the $70 gun from Harbor Freight.

Used Nason base and clear.
Using the base/clear is pretty forgiving as you can wet sand most of the trash out.

I just blew the garage out the night before and wet the floor down right before I spray.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Just a 60 gallon air compressor and the $70 gun from Harbor Freight.

Used Nason base and clear.
Using the base/clear is pretty forgiving as you can wet sand most of the trash out.

I just blew the garage out the night before and wet the floor down right before I spray.

Hope that helps!

Do you spray everything then wet sand the top layer of clear or do you also wet sand the base before you clear? Sorry for the Newb type questions but I'm seriously considering doing bigger paint projects.

Your truck is looking great BTW!! Very impressive and inspiring! Thanks.

Propower418

Reaction score
Do you spray everything then wet sand the top layer of clear or do you also wet sand the base before you clear? Sorry for the Newb type questions but I'm seriously considering doing bigger paint projects.

Your truck is looking great BTW!! Very impressive and inspiring! Thanks.

Don't be sorry! Ask away....

I did 3 coats of base and didn't need to wet sand anything out and then 3 coats of clear. First a light coat followed by two heavy coats.

I will wet sand the clear with 1500,2000 and 3000. (I probably didnt need the 3000) Then buff and polish everything out.

The painting part is the easiest. All the damn sanding and prep work is the most time consuming.

I haven't painted a car since high school (almost 25yrs ago) Just take your time and have patience!