Will a superduty axle work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i haven't talked to that guy in ages, too bad he sold that, i even made him a bouncingtruck when he was on pavementsucks years ago

You must be registered for see images

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
horns made a thread on him. thats for the 05+ superduty axle, i believe he also used a newer 11.5 AAm rear axle as well

as for a leaf sprung super duty axle theres a build on pirate he used a late 90s axle on an early 90s black chevy. i cant seem to find the build but ill keep looking.

he had a dana 80 rear

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ahh yes thats what it was. i wish i could completely copy johnnys trucks build, i dont have the fabrications skills, materials, nor tools to do it yet though.

shrekmoose

Reaction score
Being my frame is tweaked in the front although its not a major amount at all I couod prib fix it ive been tossing the ideas of a 4link with coilovers. A radius are setup would be cool but to me a 4link is simpler. As many guy as I know with tube buggies I could prob score a used set of coilovers for fairly cheap as well run a set up with coilovers with about a 4 or 5 inch lift would be sick.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The jeep axle is full width from a j20 truck its an 8 lug 44 the fab part im not worried about it ive done a couple s10 sas. This is simply to have a more reliable lifted truck and something different, it will be used as a truck just not a trail truck. Besides that the fact I can do this for around the price I would end up in a nice 6 inch ifs lift.

FSJ jeep axles are not as wide as a full size truck... I run FSJ D44's in my jeep, I forget the exact WMS-WMS but the front is ~59" and the rears are narrower.. ~57 maybe

shrekmoose

Reaction score
Well that shoots a whole in the jeep axle plan then, back to the drawing board. Really like the super duty axles from the pirate build gonna keep an eye out for some. He said something on that build about avoiding the d50 axles in the earlier powerstrokes anyone know a certain reason and I noticed he was running what he was calling a raised knuckle, are those in other words flat tops that had been machined or what and are the d50s the same style knuckle. Sorry im fairly axle iliterate unless its the oldschool king pin 60s but a for axle would work so.much easier as I wouldnt have to swap transfer cases.