Where to buy grilles/cheapest grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TriGuy

Reaction score
I want a black grille for my 92 Chevy K1500 but the cheapest I can find is $68 on ebay which seems outrageous but maybe it's not... Can get the same one from summit for $45 but they charge $55 for shipping and I don't need anything else from there. So are there any other vendors I should look at or is the ebay one a good deal?
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Factory grilles are around $200, and I'd recommend sticking with them. Most of the cheap aftermarket grilles like the one you posted have a bunch of slight differences that look really weird up close.

If you can't afford a new factory grille, then as mentioned I'd check salvage yards.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Factory grilles are around $20

If you can't afford a new factory grille, then as mentioned I'd check salvage yards.
New grille is $365 before tax at the dealer near me. Obviously I didn't buy it.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New grille is $365 before tax at the dealer near me. Obviously I didn't buy it.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

GM Parts Direct has an OEM Silverado grille for your '98 priced at $246, but with an extra $147 shipping. Ouch!

Pulled the part number and threw it into Amazon... Wouldn't you know it... They've got them for $284 and free shipping!

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Parts-15981106-Grille-Assembly/dp/B005VUUE7I

EDIT - @TriGuy, I know you're probably not trying to spend this much considering you're asking where to get the cheapest piece possible, but I went ahead and looked up the factory part number for the grille on your '92. $246, free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Parts-15615110-Grille-Assembly/dp/B005VUNU9M

Last edited:

TriGuy

Reaction score
Hmm...so how big of a pain is it to strip my already peeling chrome off the grill?

GaryCCR

OnlyBodyStyle enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a new chrome one from certi-fit. It was $70, it's cheap, a bit flimsy but I keep $200 in my pocket. I'd do it again in a second.