What is this to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgiovan

Reaction score
Hate to even ask but am stumped. 97 Suburban w/ rear heat and AC. This lone white plug does not seem to have a home near the rear AC/fan unit. Anyone venture a guess? I'm trying to wire up some roof rack mounted fog lights and have no idea if I've been presented a power source gift or not. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 30

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
you have barn doors. I'd guess it goes to the rear wiper or rear hatch release on a tailgate truck

here is a picture of a yukon rear ac unit with a tailgate: note the two plugs in the top right
You must be registered for see images attach

bgiovan

Reaction score
Makes sense. I'll pop the dash bezel and see if the wire colors are the same where that switch would be next to the radio. If so, bonus! Wiring already done to the dash for the lights. Thanks!

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I wouldn't run fog lights off them, but you should be able to put a cargo switch and pigtail from a pickup truck in the dash (won't be plug a play, but it's a simple 2 wires) and wire a relay to the end back by the A/C, then you only need to run one bigger 12ga wire coming off the battery to the relay and lights.