What cluster to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im heading to a pull-a-part this week with a buddy, im thinking about getting a second cluster to put LEDs in. My truck didn't come with a tach from the factory. Its an auto so I don't need one but if I get a new one I would like it to have a tach though. So my questions are what cluster would be the easiest to put in and how hard is it wire a tach up? I did a search and didnt come up with a clear answer.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
you would need a 93-94 cluster wit ha tach. Then you have to run a wire to your distributor. Your year isnt that bad, they werent uncommen. Its the older trucks that are harder like mine. '90 with tach's are hard to find . But if you stick with a 93-94 should be easy for you. Otherwise, i wont clip in

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
a 91 cluster will not work in a 93-94, the plug is totally different and does not use a drac for the speedo, he needs a 93/94 cluster, which i think would even be plug and play