Water leaking from door onto floor - help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GirchyGirchy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm trying to see if anyone with these trucks has had a similar issue. I'm aware of the problems these trucks have in the cowl area, but haven't heard or seen of anyone else having water come in through the door.

It appears to come through the lower door area. This weekend I pulled the door panel off and there's water on and around the speaker baffle, and some collected in the little seam underneath it (see picture). Today it rained again and I pulled back the door panel one more time, and I think it's coming through the little white door clip receptacle in the door frame. Then it drains down onto the top of the lower weatherstripping, collects there, runs over the weatherstripping on the inside, then is sucked up by the padding on the floor and rots out the metal. I found a small area after I bought the truck but it's getting much worse.

I will say that the door's had some fitment issues since I bought it. I replaced the hinge pins and bushings, but it still isn't perfect and the striker's not as solid as the other side. The plastic sheeting between the door panel and door is mostly gone.

I'm going to let it dry out, pull the panel off, and have my wife hold the hose around the window and door area to try to find the active leak, but if anyone's been through this before, please let me know!

Here it's showing where the water is under the speaker:

You must be registered for see images attach

_DSC2759 by GirchyGirchy, on Flickr

A couple of pictures of the door sill area and where water collects in the channel on the weatherstripping:

_DSC2760 by GirchyGirchy, on Flickr

0428141109a by GirchyGirchy, on Flickr

And one of the clip retainer on the door, with a spot of rust underneath.

0428141110 by GirchyGirchy, on Flickr

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like damage due to the drain holes in the door clogging up and the water eventually rusted its own new path out. :(

Richard

GirchyGirchy

Reaction score
The drain holes are completely clear - I thought of that too. Now I'm also wondering how the carpet could get so wet....grrr!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Then I guess the crud they use on your roads just took up residence in there and made some new exit holes. Sorry; living where the road freezes, sucks!

Richard