vin help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i need to get a fuel pump for my truck. but i need to get a pump for a 96 as i need the higher fuel psi for the new motor. the dealer i deal with needs a vin to order the part

could someone pm me or post their vin so that i can get the part part i need

i need it for a 96 1500 with a 5.7 w/o 15000 gvw

kaboom187

Reaction score
Well why do they need the vin that makes no sense? and i have a great website for ordering parts you could just type the engine size. i got a Fuel pump , fuel filter and pcv valve for $150 brand new and they were ac delco . www.1aauto.com

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Just tell them to give you the part you asked for.. it can't be that hard. If their counter-man is that retarded, go elsewhere. Also, you'll pay a LOT more at a dealer than you will from say... rockauto.com, gmpartshouse. Or even your local auto parts store.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Just tell them to give you the part you asked for.. it can't be that hard. If their counter-man is that retarded, go elsewhere. Also, you'll pay a LOT more at a dealer than you will from say... rockauto.com, gmpartshouse. Or even your local auto parts store.

10/10 times I go to GM and they hand me what I need. 9/10 times @ LordCo, NAPA, & other local parts they don't have a f*cking clue what I am talking about.

Not to mention I say my name and my trucks VIN comes up in their computer, absolutely no hassle, and no chance of the wrong part (unless human error is involved).
I'll go to the GM dealer anyday of the week.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Never ever ever never deal with the stealership. Even if its yer favorite uncle. Never never never never. EVERYTHING u need is out there somewhere in virtual land.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
10/10 times I go to GM and they hand me what I need. 9/10 times @ LordCo, NAPA, & other local parts they don't have a f*cking clue what I am talking about.

Not to mention I say my name and my trucks VIN comes up in their computer, absolutely no hassle, and no chance of the wrong part (unless human error is involved).
I'll go to the GM dealer anyday of the week.

If thats worth paying double to you.. be my guest. Everyone has their price. I don't EVER deal with the counter-man. I do my shopping online, punch the order in, and if its not an online-only vendor, I show up with my printed part numbers at the local store about an hour later, validate they picked my order correctly, and I'm on my way.

Punching up my truck in the system doesn't really help, because about 30% of it doesn't match OEM parts now... and hopefully in another month or 2, that npercentage will jump up substantially.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
it can't be that hard. If their counter-man is that retarded, go elsewhere
If thats worth paying double to you..
Yes, they are that retarded. No, it's not worth me paying double!

I've been elsewhere, over and over. I've brought part #s in from online, they look scared to start looking. Half the time I swear they pretend to push numbers, then tell me they can't do it. I go to GM, the same parts guy that's been there for 20 years, he knows what I need, knows where it is, knows when it'll be here, and does the best price he can. That to me is worth it. Especially when I usually get parts same day, or day after.
I'd rather pay a few extra bucks. I've never seen the parts cost double from one store to the next. Maybe from Online to the GM dealer it could be double.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id send you mine but being it's a 98 it won't help you.

You could look for a truck with those specs on autotrader. Some people list the vin on there or in the carfax if they provide one....

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well a my dad owns a collision shop and we deal with a local gm dealer as we get discount. i will check the carfax and online and try that.

i was told when i called that i may not be able to get just the pump i would have to buy the whole sending unit. and that is like $300 so that is not going to happen seeing that mine is only a few months old. if i can not get the pump i will try advanced as they can get a delco but it will take a few days. the dealer is only 1 day.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get a pump only for a 96. If you used mine or another 98 then ya you'd have to get the whole thing as it's all one unit....