Valve cover removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
driver's side goes from the front of the engine back towards the firewall,

PS front towards firewall is 2,4,6,8

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
just a little tip, if you use the neoprene gaskets for the valve covers, put a dab of silicone on all four corners and the middle of the valve cover, and then put the gasket on, the silicone will hold the gasket in place ;)

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my stock valve covers and the chrome ones I bought had a groove all the way around and a lip on both sides to hold the gasket right in place all around.

Big difference compared to the old style valve covers.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
my stock valve covers and the chrome ones I bought had a groove all the way around and a lip on both sides to hold the gasket right in place all around.

Big difference compared to the old style valve covers.

yea, but the gaskets are stretchy and always fly out of the groove.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you mean those fel-pro blue ones, permadry, they never went anywhere on me. I stretched them to fit, they laid in and stayed down.

If there's ever a doubt then definately do it. I always glued mine before on old style but the new perma dry gasket say not to use anything.

If I had trouble with them staying I would for sure.

I thought maybe you were thinking of the older style valve covers.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
if you mean those fel-pro blue ones, permadry, they never went anywhere on me. I stretched them to fit, they laid in and stayed down.

If there's ever a doubt then definately do it. I always glued mine before on old style but the new perma dry gasket say not to use anything.

If I had trouble with them staying I would for sure.

I thought maybe you were thinking of the older style valve covers.
Mine might have been the old ones, i had them kicking around the tool box, just replaced them yesterday actually.

TheClev.z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanna get the drivers side valve cover off. (gotta cold front so it's a nice 80 for now). But all the ac stuff is blocking it and can't take that off and a large hose in the back blocking it.