Upgrading a k1500 to 2500/3500 questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RBurman

Reaction score
I was hoping that it wouldn't come to that but I always guess I can stock up on 1500 series spares as they're cheap and easy to come by. By pirate site what do you mean? Never heard of it. I would at least like to see what it takes to modify the 2500 CVs for a 1500. Your also right because for $320 I could pull the motor and wiring harness and radiator and drop them in my 1960 Biscayne and scrap and part out whats left and either make money or break even and have a good motor for basically free. Thanks for the help I was just hoping that maybe I would get lucky and that there would be some parts interchange.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
about all a 1500 and a 2500 have in common suspension and axle wise....is the fact that they have the same style suspension and have axles....other then that its everything body, engine, trans related is the same. To do what you want you are much better off getting a 2500 as BJ stated or go SFA.....and believe me...after you rip apart the front IFS a few dozen times and stocking up on spares you will wish you chose to go solid axle.