ummm..is this my transmission leaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

takt

Reaction score
This is what I see any help would be much appreciated ?

You must be registered for see images attach

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the picture, it's coming from where the engine in transmission meet, so it could be the engine rear main seal or just as easily the transmission input shaft seal. Can you tell what color it is?

takt

Reaction score
Hard to tell from the picture, it's coming from where the engine in transmission meet, so it could be the engine rear main seal or just as easily the transmission input shaft seal. Can you tell what color it is?
I think it's green.

takt

Reaction score
Which I'm assuming is tranny fluid but I have no tranny experience and don't know if this is terminal.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tranny fluid is red, coolant is green

That is IF the coolant has been converted to standard. Some of us are still running the factory spec'd Dex-Cool, which is orange.

EDIT - But yeah, if it ain't red, it's not transmission fluid. My guess would be that his coolant has been converted and that's what's leaking if it is in fact green fluid. Nothing else in the truck should be green, unless someone put UV dye into the A/C system to help find a leak and that's been leaking and collecting.

Last edited:

takt

Reaction score
I tried to take more pics this morning