Tires with cut out flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how big a tire can you put on these trucks (k3500) with cutout flares and no lift? I have a new set of flares, but wondered how big a tire will fit. I ran 33s on my old K2500 on an 8" rim, barely rubbed the stock flares. I'm wondering if a 315/70/17 would fit on an H2 rim, but would tuck too much and look goofy.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People have done 35's and no lift on even a 1500 with stock fenders, being a 2500/3500 buys you a bit of extra room on top of that. If you keep the wheel width and offset/backspacing near stock then you should be able to run 35s with maybe a little bit of trimming inside the wheel wells where nobody would see it anyway.

I have a 6" lift but this is how much I cut to clear my 37s on NNBS stock 17x8s and 1.25" spacers. This is about as much as you can cut without it being visible from the outside. If you have cutout flares then you could potentially clear even more.
You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was thinking the same. Can run 33s on a stock truck, so if b/s is stock or close to it, should be able to clear 35s. Im not 100% gonna do it, but I have a new set of flares dirt cheap, and H2s with 315s. But I think I got the last 8 lug lift kit, so might just put em on the shelf till I found a use for em.