ticking sound under drivers side of dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
On mine it started when I would turn my truck off. Almost like the fan was slapping something, it would go for maybe 20 seconds after. Then after a while it would do it all the time. A video would be really helpful in this situation, however.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like tthe blendor motor to me, they are known for going out. That was one of the frist things fixed on the red truck, and it still needs to be done to old blue

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
video uploading, but I think my exhaust is to loud to hear the ticking. You can hear my other issue though easy.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here like I said it is real hard to hear cause of my exhaust. Turn the volume up real high and at about 40sec you get a pretty good idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
If you just turn the key to the on position, and turn your heater on, does it do it? Or only when your truck is running?

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you just turn the key to the on position, and turn your heater on, does it do it? Or only when your truck is running?

No I can hear the recir move the baffles and they stop. The fan noise is different too and changes with speed. This is totally different.

and sorry to OP for the thread jack :(

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
No I can hear the recir move the baffles and they stop. The fan noise is different too and changes with speed. This is totally different.

and sorry to OP for the thread jack :(

Hmm. I'm by no means an expert... But from my past I'm going to say the core or blower motor is going. Don't take my word for it.

liftedblack95

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the help. I will try to get a video loaded just aint real good with computers thats y i aint got no pics lol but anyway The noise seems to only be there at an idle up to like 2000 then i cant hear it no more but could be exhaust. I messed with the fan switch it does have something in the heater box but it comes and goes i need to clean that out lol. I can turn the fan off and the radio and the noise is still there. Thanks for everything and i will try to get some pics up sometime of both my babies the lifted and soon to be lowered. Thanks