The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of my running boards on it.. eventually I want to take them off, not sure what I really want to do in terms of any type of lift - whether I want to go all in with a 6 inch or just leveling... not sure

A lot of my time is spent making sure the paint job stays great.. it definitely takes some maintenance and any little scratch (currently no major ones.. fingers crossed) drives me insane now
Oh my God that truck is gorgeous.......
Damn that's a good reason to not get a magnetic one hahah.. I've always been scared of that happening with a magnetic one (it flying off not the fist fight haha) which makes me wonder of its worth it to screw something in.. Which makes me cringe to do that.. Or leave it without a CB

I have mine mounted with no trouble. I have hit 100mph numerous times with my 3ft alliance ones. And my cobra 29 has survived a few trips bouncing around on sand dunes. Only problem is I got lazy with wiring and it melted on my exhaust. I plan to redo all of It next year.

Ok tapa is being retarded. It won't let me post pics. I will pm them to you shortly if I can.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Oh my God that truck is gorgeous.......

I have mine mounted with no trouble. I have hit 100mph numerous times with my 3ft alliance ones. And my cobra 29 has survived a few trips bouncing around on sand dunes. Only problem is I got lazy with wiring and it melted on my exhaust. I plan to redo all of It next year.

Ok tapa is being retarded. It won't let me post pics. I will pm them to you shortly if I can.

Thanks man, my dad's an auto detailer and I bought it from him not too long ago so go figure.
I'd like to see the pictures if you could get them

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I will take em when I stop driving lol.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got it. Haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet

You must be registered for see images attach

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
damn small upload sizing. It's an old aluminum bed cap clamp with a piece of flat steel stock drilled to the bolt and antenna mount sizes. No drilling on the truck.

this pic is a lil larger. That is normal angle iron brackets I got from the steel area at my local hardware store. I use a flat steel bracket doubled up for rigidity
better shot to run under the floor mat and bolts right to the front seat bolt. No drill and strong as ever

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Just got it. Haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet

Looks like a nice clean truck... how many miles on that thing and if you don't mind, what'd it cost yah?

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I like the clamp idea for the mount... I may have to copy it if I choose to put a CB in. You didn't need to drill any holes to get the wires out to the back did you?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
No. I didn't do the cleanest job. I was in a hurry and just flipped em over the front side of the bed. I could have run em down the bedsides under the mat an through the drain holes if there are any.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Okay cool I may look to do it through the drain hole or something then, if my truck has one (gotta check). I may just wait till I add a subwoofer and then do it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a nice clean truck... how many miles on that thing and if you don't mind, what'd it cost yah?
Cost was $3500. The odometer shows 255k but has 60k on a new motor and the tranny was rebuilt last spring so she drives well. The truck appears to have been well maintained by the previous owners :)

It's about 95% rust free. Hopefully the little bit that is there will be gone by the time spring gets here