The **GREAT** Valance Debate

The Great Valance Debate

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
I would have to pull mine off to see if I like it or not... I think if I had pre-runner bars up front and a tubular bumper, and everything underneath painted very well, it would be better off, but I always liked the ones with fog lights in the valance like the 454 SS so I think I like them. All my truck had them when they were original and I always left them. Even my 2wd S10's I had them, mainly for the fog lights in they and they look decent on a lowered black truck.

This was my 1989 S10- first truck:
You must be registered for see images attach

This was my 1991 S10:

think I like them on. Unless you have tube bumpers and prerunner bars, they look better with a bumper.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
90 votes later I think the community has come to a consensus.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, all 400s look good with a valance...that's why GM put them on there, they are an aesthetic that looks good and helps with wind resistance. There are some exceptions

You must be registered for see images

However, the majority of the time I say these trucks absolutely need the Valance! No, it doesn't make them look shorter, I couldn't even imagine what mine would look like without it. If you are slamming your truck, and want a really low stance, obviously no valance, but 99.9999999% of the time you gotta have it!
Honestly, all 400s look good with a valance...that's why GM put them on there, they are an aesthetic that looks good and helps with wind resistance. There are some exceptions

You must be registered for see images

However, the majority of the time I say these trucks absolutely need the Valance! No, it doesn't make them look shorter, I couldn't even imagine what mine would look like without it. If you are slamming your truck, and want a really low stance, obviously no valance, but 99.9999999% of the time you gotta have it!
What bumper is that!?

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the idea to make my valance look like the 2014 ones where it is taller towards the sides and shorter at the middle. I took off 2 1/4" from the sides and 3" between the tow hooks. I like how it shows the suspension like it does without the valance, but still breaks up the look of the chrome bumper.
This looks great.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
these were the first trucks ever to be put in a wind tunnel, the front valance is a result of that experiment. it was put on to push air down and away from the cavities under the front as well as to direct air into the rad for cooling.

I guess I vote to keep it.

Al