Supercharged 5.7l Vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd use your LQ9 all day long before something like that ford motor...

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
No they have a 5.7 l super charger that's specific to Chevy's 350's lol and what's so great about the lq9 any ways? If I'm going to put that much effort into a swap I'm going to try and get an Ls1 vette crate motor, pluse I just was offered a good couple of grand for the lq9 that i was going to put in my truck so I'm torn on what to do :(

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
LQ9 = bigger, stronger and more capable than LS1. LS7 on the other hand....

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
LQ9 = bigger, stronger and more capable than LS1. LS7 on the other hand....
holy balls That motor is **** but it has a huge price tag along with it! what about an ls6 over an lq9?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or LS9 if we're talking about motors with huge pricetags that none of us will ever get...hehe

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
holy balls That motor is **** but it has a huge price tag along with it! what about an ls6 over an lq9?

LS6 is just a modified LS1, same block. Not stronger than the LS1.

Aloicious said:
or LS9 if we're talking about motors with huge pricetags that none of us will ever get...hehe
In the late 90s, as a kid, I memorized a part number that still sticks with me today. P5007084. In a magazine there was an ad that said "For a good time call P5007084." Never forgot it.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
:headbang:lol id be willing to get the ls7, although it may take some time to save up for it... but the look on peoples faces when i would pull away from their "bad ass" diesel trucks would be 100% worth it! :)

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
LS6 is just a modified LS1, same block. Not stronger than the LS1.

Exactly correct. LS6 is an LS1 with a top end that flows a lot better. shares heads with the LS2, better intake, sodium filled valves... etc.

The LQ9 (6.0l for those who are too lazy to google) arguably has more power potential (especially bosted) than an LS1. Though the 5.3 and 4.8 have proven to also be very boost friendly little motors. I believe someone had an article about a 5.3 making like 500+ horsepower with the only bottom end mod being ring gap. Later they discovered it was in fact a 4.8, not a 5.3.