Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PanGadzet4x4

Reaction score
Some pics of my burban aka "Americano" ;)

Hella Black Magic 52" LED Bar in action @ Kampinos Forest
You must be registered for see images attach

Autohome Overland on the roof - Albania (Shqiperia)

Karkonosze Mountains

Around Home...

Video through last half year ;)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An 8 lug, 1500-badged Suburban? Tell us more! Did it come that way?

Sorry, I don't know much about the 1500 6.5TD. They are pretty rare even here in the States...maybe I wasn't aware they came configured like this. Seems like a robust combination!

Last edited:

PanGadzet4x4

Reaction score
Looks a robust but after few days on Albanian roads suspension looked like on pic ;)

... or maybe the source of damage is a crazy driver;) Whatever - a solid car! It was beginning of my vacation ... Then - with only one shock absorber on rear axle I drove next 5000 km

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's some beautiful scenery! Trails look challenging.

Do you have rear and/or front lockers on your axles? I believe the 6.5TD only came mated to the 4L80e transmission. Not sure on your rear axle: either the 9.5" or 10.5" 14 bolt. Front axle must the 9.25" GM. Not certain on your transfer case.

The 6.5TD has kinda of bad reputation around here. Again, I don't know anything about them. Maybe the international version differed?

PanGadzet4x4

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I don't know much details about this car ... I know that the gearbox is like you said - 4L80e and in the rear axle I have a G80 differential lock ... I have nothing at the front (only a winch under the bumper hahaha).

And why diesel have pretyy bad reputation ? "Grandfather" of this engine was installed first time into Humvee - so it can nt be a piece of sh**t.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's some beautiful scenery! Trails look challenging.

The 6.5TD has kinda of bad reputation around here. Again, I don't know anything about them. Maybe the international version differed?
Indeed it is beautiful scenery and this is one awesome looking truck. I'm sure it's like a fish out of the water being a Chevy truck like that in Albania.

IMO the 6.5 litre diesel engine itself wasn't necessarily all that bad. That Stanadyne pump however......is a whoooole 'nuther story. The pump was around 90% of the reason that motor went away as soon as it did.