stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s the angle of the scam on this one? I’m tempted to play along just to see what the scam is. They put a lot of effort into describing it...FASS lift pump filters on this 5.7L, impressive!!! Also listed in Florida as “passed Smog test” but we don’t have emissions testing in Florida. End of the add sounds like the ramblings of a meth head or someone in Pakistan just copying and pasting other ads. So what do you think the scam is? I’m going to send you $10,000 wire in error for shipping and you just send me back a wire for $6,000 to fix the error ?
Good looking truck, the fake ones usually are....
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/ctd/d/brooksville-clean-chevy-1995/7188585716.html

You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah, probably something that involves wiring money via Western Union to an “independent” escrow service since the seller cannot find a way meet in person due to some tragic circumstance or some other BS.

That one looks pretty expensive. They’re usually selling for $808 around here...you should low-ball him lol.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s the angle of the scam on this one? I’m tempted to play along just to see what the scam is. They put a lot of effort into describing it...FASS lift pump filters on this 5.7L, impressive!!! Also listed in Florida as “passed Smog test” but we don’t have emissions testing in Florida. End of the add sounds like the ramblings of a meth head or someone in Pakistan just copying and pasting other ads. So what do you think the scam is? I’m going to send you $10,000 wire in error for shipping and you just send me back a wire for $6,000 to fix the error ?
Good looking truck, the fake ones usually are....
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/ctd/d/brooksville-clean-chevy-1995/7188585716.html

You must be registered for see images attach
An older guy at work actually emailed the people about this exact ad 2 days ago except it was listed on valdosta Craigslist. They said they were military and being deployed but ebay would deliver the truck to let him drive for 5 days if he sent a deposit for half the price. Sure we'll refund it if you don't want the truck ha yeah right.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nu
An older guy at work actually emailed the people about this exact ad 2 days ago except it was listed on valdosta Craigslist. They said they were military and being deployed but ebay would deliver the truck to let him drive for 5 days if he sent a deposit for half the price. Sure we'll refund it if you don't want the truck ha yeah right.
What you said is spot on. My brother in law fell for this exact same bs a few years ago. 01 dodge extended cab 4wd. Truck was immaculate. Allegedly they were at Nellis AFB in Nevada and they only wanted 1500 because they were being deployed so they were selling it cheap so it would sell fast and they didn't want it sitting. You know, because a slick 4wd truck would be so hard to sell in a military town. Lol. Best part was, they were going to pay to ship it out of the 1500. FROM NEVADA TO OKLAHOMA. I told him it would probably cost 1500 just to ship the damn thing. He went to Walmart and loaded those prepaid cards with the money and wired it to the "military serviceman". The best part is he is in the military himself, but couldn't see what an obvious scam it his.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
An older guy at work actually emailed the people about this exact ad 2 days ago except it was listed on
Nu

What you said is spot on. My brother in law fell for this exact same bs a few years ago. 01 dodge extended cab 4wd. Truck was immaculate. Allegedly they were at Nellis AFB in Nevada and they only wanted 1500 because they were being deployed so they were selling it cheap so it would sell fast and they didn't want it sitting. You know, because a slick 4wd truck would be so hard to sell in a military town. Lol. Best part was, they were going to pay to ship it out of the 1500. FROM NEVADA TO OKLAHOMA. I told him it would probably cost 1500 just to ship the damn thing. He went to Walmart and loaded those prepaid cards with the money and wired it to the "military serviceman". The best part is he is in the military himself, but couldn't see what an obvious scam it his.

DUDE, how did brother in law fall for this crap. That’s terrible. I guess some people still learn not to touch the red hot stove top the hard way. That’s a sad story. ****** me off because when I see these scams I think nobody would ever fall for that, everyone already knows this is a scam. But, people still keep touching that stove top. Bet he won’t do that again.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DUDE, how did brother in law fall for this crap. That’s terrible. I guess some people still learn not to touch the red hot stove top the hard way. That’s a sad story. ****** me off because when I see these scams I think nobody would ever fall for that, everyone already knows this is a scam. But, people still keep touching that stove top. Bet he won’t do that again.
It definitely sucked that it happened, but we all tried. I told him, my mom, and my dad told him. I even googled, "craigslist military scam" and the same cookie cutter stories kept coming up. He said we were all just haters and that if anyone could spot a military scam, it would be him. I was like, oh yeah? Then why did the seller who claims they're in the AF, use the term platoon when it's called a flight in the AF? Apparently I still didn't know what I was talking about. Three years later, we're still waiting on that damn truck. Lol

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
It definitely sucked that it happened, but we all tried. I told him, my mom, and my dad told him. I even googled, "craigslist military scam" and the same cookie cutter stories kept coming up. He said we were all just haters and that if anyone could spot a military scam, it would be him. I was like, oh yeah? Then why did the seller who claims they're in the AF, use the term platoon when it's called a flight in the AF? Apparently I still didn't know what I was talking about. Three years later, we're still waiting on that damn truck. Lol

Damn if you explained all of that and he still went through with it then I hate to say he deserved to learn the hard way. Hope he listens to his military brass more than he listens to family, or the military considers keeping him away from the important buttons for a while! Hopefully he learned something.