Start then stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dzynda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Define "long periods".

My Monte Carlo gets parked from November to April, or thereabouts. I expect the battery to be powerful enough to not have trouble after being dormant for 4--5--6 months.
The truck seems to have some parasitic drain it is a 2018 battery and it's probably sat a year. Although whenever I change the battery with those side terminals and air box in the way if I don't get a solid connection and it clicks a couple times that will put it in security mode also.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like HP or black bear performance would be the best? I do not have any tuning knowledge.

If all you need to do is disable Passlock then I would try to find someone local to you who has HPTuners, EFILive or JET DST. Black Bear Performance and other mail order tuners can do it for sure, but you may end up paying a little more if you go that route.

dzynda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mainly tire size calibration I run 33's, speed limiter delete, would like a performance or tow tune I have new heads with minor mods headers, dual 3" pipe in single 4" out exhaust, 85mm throttle body, cold air intake, trying to get an msd coil on plug ignition system to work and was thinking about 411 pcm swap. I've thought about a cam and or power outer but would do a total rebuild if I did that.