slight churp from front end when taking off from a stop?!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

603 z71

Reaction score
hey guys, my z71 is starting to bug me with this random churp from what seems to be the front end. balljoints are tight and greased both front hub bearing are new, tie rods are good, i doo have some play in the pitman arm but replacing that soon, rear u joints are new, i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem at all?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not the front end.

My truck makes a noise from the rear axel and after some research I have concluded its the leaves of the leaf springs moving across each other. Normally there are plastic bushings between them but they wear out. I put grease in there and it did stop for a short while but came back about a month later

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Churps are usually u-joints. check the front ones. Could also be a drive pully. Those are a real pain to ID until they really start squealin tho.

603 z71

Reaction score
my a/c compressors front bearing is shot? idk if that makes sense, and im gonna replace the front u joints for s and giggle and check the leaf springs thanks guys.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
my a/c compressors front bearing is shot? idk if that makes sense, and im gonna replace the front u joints for s and giggle and check the leaf springs thanks guys.

Not necessarily the A/C, could be any of the pullys. Check the tensioner pully to see if yer belt is tight enough. A weak tensioner will lead to a churpy belt. You should see glazing on the belt if its slippin.

603 z71

Reaction score
welll im replacing the a/c compressor soon and will check all the other pulleys and what not gunnna check front diffand t case fluid levels too

603 z71

Reaction score
thats what i was just thinking, maybe a dry control arm bushing tht might be loosened from the sleeve but not show any play i guess?