Skee needs some help with an SAS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Nevermind I found some pics. Are the Heims better to have than the TRE?

heims should last you longer for offroading that TREs will. Heims also may ride a little rougher than TRES. either or would work but if it were my truck id do Heims as i do alot of on and off road driving as well as towing, racing and DD it.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Okay. I will look into those as well. My Internet is down on my computer so it will have to wait til tomorrow (it's 11:30pm here). But I think I am going to go with 52s as that's what 88GMCtruck went with. Also depends on what I can find as well.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ask them about it because I want to do them and everyone tells me they are too flexy for alot of on road driving everyday DD or whatever, to me they'd be simple to find and cheap.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
so are they stock 52's? any add a leafs or anything? too flexy for daily driving?

52's are 2.5 wide where 47's are 3' wide, 52's are a softer spring and that is why guys wanting more flex for crawling will use 52's as stock ones are cheap and give 4" lift on the square body when they swap to those, bds 52's are even softer and the more arch you get with them if you use longer shackles you get a whole lot of fle., the down side is a ton of axle walk, my axle moves at least 7" when it compresses due to all the flex i have

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can understand that but are they too soft or too flexy for a front end on road drving?

Thewy'd be cheap and easy to find. I also wonder if you use some add a leafs if it would stiffen them up and make them work better up front.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Okay here is how mine is set up.

-ORU kit
-6" lift springs 47" long
-HP Dana 44 with 32" spring perch width
-Trac bar built from WFO
-37" tires
-14 bolt full float rear

Stuff I'd still like to do:

-sway bar to help with body roll on the street
-hydro assist for steering
-Dana 60 up front

The problem you will run into with the 36" spring perch width is with large tires you will rub the springs at full turn