Seat and center console question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robbie

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked a million times, and I did browse some of the threads in this section but noticed that most of the pictures were not longer showing. But essentially, what I'm wanting to know is, can the center console and seats in picture 1 be installed in place of the center console and seats in picture 2. I have a 98 and I despise the seats and console, but I loved the ones I had in my 92 blazer. Is this a doable thing? Is it a PITA to get it done?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the seats from #2 with the console from #1 in my truck. The mounts for the center console are nearly identical. I had #2 console in my truck first and found a #1, which I like better. I used the same mounting points. Not sure on the seats, but I'd be willing to bet they very similar, if not the same.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wondered about this to. Going to the junk yard Friday to get me a 88-94 console to replace the console (in #2) in my 98. Will let you know on the fitment when I get it. :)

94_Z71

Reaction score
I put black leather buckets out of an '08 Tahoe with a jump seat out of an '07 Sierra in mine. Wasn't hard. Did have to drill eight new holes in the floorboard though. Seat technology has come a long ways in the past 10 years. That truck is much more comfortable now. One of the best things I've ever done to it.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a nice arrangement and I agree the seat technology are very comfortable. One note for longevity on the outer edge of the seat. The stamped steel frame is not too friendly on the foam.

If removed, spray some weldwood contact cement on the bottom on the foam in the metal seats edge area. Place a 4-5" wide length of burlap or synthetic burlap to keep the foam from splitting. Also, the plastic edge clip tracks start to age, spread and come loose. I weld wire for hog rings.

Yes, I sew seats from my own design with a $3k commercial Juki sewing machine that has a cast aluminum oil pan I purchased used. I only do my own stuff in heavy marine vinyl and leather. Works great on 6+ layers.

It just takes a lot of time to pattern and cut before sewing. It's like body work. 12 weeks to get laser straight & panel alignment, then only 9 hours to paint.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you like the comfort of the 88-94 seats VS the 95-98 seats? My 99 Suburban has the seats from picture 2 and I like them. However I am doing a tan interior on my 96 Suburban build, and going to go with the older velour seats. I have sat in a bench seat from a 2dr Blazer, but never the front seats. How comfy are they?