Rhino vs Line-X Spray On Liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
I found from some tundra owners the rhino liner is soft and giving. The line-x is tough and harsh. Are both the same price range?

I haul scrap metal, junk mowers, loose metal, transmissions, etc.

Which is better for the hauling I do with my truck?

Whats your experience with rhino or line-x?

I would want it sprayed up over on the bed rails and a lip sprayed on the tailgate as well like bed liners have it.

What about Power liner by POR15?

http://www.por15.com/POW-R-LINER-KIT/productinfo/PLBK/

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to have the Line-X on the bed of my truck when I bought it, I had to remove it to repair the bed sides, and lets just say - that stuff does not come off once it is on. It was really rugid stuff, the previous owner used the truck for hauling scrap, and after I was able to remove the bed liner, the bed looked really good under it.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I have had Rhino Lining in my bed since 2001 and it hasn't ever peeled. We've hauled wood and various other heavy objects in the bed of that truck. Rhino Lining is good stuff.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I always liked line-x because it is so tough. Also it's the only one around here. My buddy had it on his ecsb and it took a beating and never chipped

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll find prep work plays a huge roll & so does letting it properly cure. Just about every bedliner out has had failures for different reasons. If you want a hard high impact type get something like LineX if you want a non-slip type surface thats rougher get something like a Herculiner.

Me personally, I'm goin with the Upol Raptor liner kit. Its a 2 part mix, prepackaged ready to go. You just add the activator to the bottle of bedliner, shake & spray. It even comes with the gun. All you need is a compressor. Everyone says 1 kit will do a bed over the rails in 2 coats & you can get it on ebay for like $112 shipped. I'm gonna use it on my rockers & bed. Maybe bumpers too.

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
You'll find prep work plays a huge roll & so does letting it properly cure. Just about every bedliner out has had failures for different reasons. If you want a hard high impact type get something like LineX if you want a non-slip type surface thats rougher get something like a Herculiner.

Me personally, I'm goin with the Upol Raptor liner kit. Its a 2 part mix, prepackaged ready to go. You just add the activator to the bottle of bedliner, shake & spray. It even comes with the gun. All you need is a compressor. Everyone says 1 kit will do a bed over the rails in 2 coats & you can get it on ebay for like $112 shipped. I'm gonna use it on my rockers & bed. Maybe bumpers too.

Never heard of Heculiner or Upol Raptor Liner? All we have in my town is rhino or line-x.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats systems they have to spray for you. The Upol & Herculiner are DIY kits. The Herculiner can be bought at the parts stores. The Raptor is easiest ordered online.

hamie9er

Reaction score
I personally wouldnt recomend the raptor liner, I've used it twice on friends trucks and both of them werent happy with it, it becomes very hard and chips off easily. The best bedliner I have used is made by pro form, it comes in gallon or quart size cans and is a product I would use over and over. I sprayed it in my old dakota and it looked just as good 5 years later when i wrote the truck off. But if you want to spend ten times more money go with the line-x that ***** bullet proof.