Replacement Tail Light Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneCynic

Reaction score
I am in the process of gathering trim and components for a complete overhaul/amateur restoration on my pickup. Part of which is going to be taking off the bed to be able to paint the back side of the cab, and clear surface rust from the frame and repaint it black. The wiring that runs from the cab to the tail lights along the driver's side frame is dry rotted and brittle. I recently repaired a section that enabled my license plate lights again, but for how long I am unsure. I'm fearful of further corrosion damage to the wiring and potentially losing the use of brake lights, which is obviously dangerous. I figure while I am doing the bodywork detailed above, I may as well replace the wiring to the tail lights while I am at it and have easy access to it. I have searched online, but must not be using the correct key words to bring up what I am looking for.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on locating that entire length of wiring so I can just replace all of it when I take the bed off? Much thanks and appreciation in advance for any help in this matter.

Edit: I forgot to mention my truck, It is a 1991 K1500 4x4 Standard Cab with the 4.3L V6 and 5-speed Manual if any or all of that makes a difference on what wiring I need to purchase. Thanks again!