removing PCV valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually the whistle is because of the spacer itself. Have you tried capping off the pcv and taking it for a quick spin?

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to have some sort of way of getting rid of crankcase pressure. Don't think, well I don't need that and plug the lines. It is crucial. I've never heard of your problem before. But if you want to do away with your pcv system, the easiest way is get breathers to replace the valve on the passenger side and the hose on the drivers side. Make sure you cap off the port on the throttle body and on the one on the air cleaner spacer. Or instead of using just breathers, you can get a kit that uses the exhaust pressure to put a little vacuum on the crankcase and realives the pressure. And finally, the next step would be a vacuum pump, but that's not cheap.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Just go to a local parts store and get some vacuum caps. I got an assorted package for around $2. Plug off the PCV inlet on your throttle body with the cap and see if it still makes the noise. If so, then the noise is in your spacer itself. Do not leave it capped off however.

The spacers do make a whistling noise unless you get the non-whistle design, so that may be what you're hearing.

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
definitely not whistling.. its a ratta ratta tat tat noise. more pronounced after the spacer was put on. The valve is brand new my mechanic did a full tune up on it when I had the intake manifold gaskets done

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wasn't promoting doing away with the PCV. That will do a nice job of pushin the seals and gaskets out of the crankcase. I was suggesting isolating the noise by temporarily capping the line. If you want to go buy some vacuum caps then go for it, I however am a bit more frugal. I would pop the PCV valve out and shove a bolt in the line and drive around the block. If the noise is still there then it isn't the PCV valve. The PCV valve should rattle when it is shook back and forth. I have done the TBI spacer and yes it does make some power but I always have a whistle/whine when done. The other thing I would do is use a can of carb clean to check for vacuum leaks. I'm betting on the spacer itself though.