Removal of 2-3" Rough Country Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
For #2 get a lift shock and if you decide to go to stock height they'll still work im running 6 inch lift shocks right now with stock suspension

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Change of pace here guys...

1) If I swapped the Rough Country POS shocks out for some Bilstein Adjustables such as 5100s, do you anticipate the ride quality/handling would mock OEM handling? The one positive I heard about this kit is it does not screw with the OEM steering geometry...perhaps using good Bilsteins would accomplish this (or get it closer?)

2) Would a certain Bilstein Adjustable shock such as 5100, HD, Comfort, etc be able to adjust enough to fit on the truck either way, with the lift installed and torsion bars cranked, and at OEM height with OEM parts?

Thanks all!

-Bob

This is false. Your steering and suspension is not close to factory with this kit. This kit drops the front differential 1". You crank it to 3" so your cv shaft are at the angle of a truck with 2" crank. The lower balljoint angle and tierod angle are not corrected in anyway with this kit. And this kit comes with new factory length shocks with a little bracket that is prone to breaking. The one thing that is corrected is the upper balljoint angle and that's buy the new upper control arms.

So to remove this kit you need a set of factory shocks, replace the upper control arms, and replace torsion bar keys. Remove the 1" diff drop and aal.

rc64597

Reaction score
This is false. Your steering and suspension is not close to factory with this kit. This kit drops the front differential 1". You crank it to 3" so your cv shaft are at the angle of a truck with 2" crank. The lower balljoint angle and tierod angle are not corrected in anyway with this kit. And this kit comes with new factory length shocks with a little bracket that is prone to breaking. The one thing that is corrected is the upper balljoint angle and that's buy the new upper control arms.

So to remove this kit you need a set of factory shocks, replace the upper control arms, and replace torsion bar keys. Remove the 1" diff drop and aal.

Thanks man!

You know...what you describe makes sense. I keep seeing testimonies of how great peoples trucks ride with this kit vs stock....when I look at the kit, it looks like junk and feels like junk....

Maybe it is...

Either way, it's coming off.

Thanks all!