REBUILT 4L60E PROBLEMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crkrjac

Reaction score
Well, went and picked up another transmission tonight. (same builder) Sure hope it works! Got a question...Anybody know how many o-rings there is supposed to be on the input shaft? Thanks in advance.

crkrjac

Reaction score
Got to ask for more advice. Took 2nd transmission to another builder to have it checked before I installed it. Tranny was supposed to have z-pac in 3-4, beast shell, updated pump, new rear planetary (with wider bushing) etc..etc...Here is what we found: Used clutches, used rear planetary without wide bushing, stock shell, worn out bushing in front pump, 10 vane pump instead of 13, all used seals, stator splines half worn out, everything dirty as hell! I am sure I am forgetting some other stuff. Any way what do you guys think I should do or say to this sorry as H*** builder? I do not want to see somebody else get screwed like I did!!! I do not see how I would be able to get anything out of this guy to help cover my losses.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be upset.... Complete refund is in order or a good ole fashion whoopin. You were ripped off. I wouldn't take it lightly.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I would be upset.... Complete refund is in order or a good ole fashion whoopin. You were ripped off. I wouldn't take it lightly.

Yeah, full refund is the least I would take...write reviews about him wherever you can and get the word out about this @sshole

crkrjac

Reaction score
Yes, Found his add on craigslist. Called him yesterday and get this ! Told him we tore it down and he said "well, you just voided your warranty" That's funny!! By the end of the conversation he said I just need to come get my $ back! Told him that's all I wanted! Only you are bringing the $ to me! I have already made 2 trips to his place (2 hours 1 way) and that I wasn't doing it again! Supposed to meet Thurs. Taking friends with! We will see what happens!

crkrjac

Reaction score
Well still haven't met up with @sshole!! Every time I try to schedule a time to meet he say's he is to busy!!! (to busy screwing other people) Finally looks like I am only gonna get a partial refund. Ending up loosing out on $350 but getting sick of this crap!! Soon as I get my $ I will tell everyone his name, address and phone #. Ads and reviews are going up everywhere I can put them!!

Dwayne

Reaction score
Wow what a rip off, I seen this happen before and yes you can do something to about it, each state has a consumer automotive bureau of affairs to report this guy and his shop, if the state does not have one you can report him online and file a case and what they will do is investigate the matter, especially if this guy claims he is ASE Certified which in some cases these shops claim to be, the investigation takes about 30 to 90 days depending on what state your in, also document everything and take pictures of everything to protect yourself as the next step is civil court for restitution for your loss and a new repair with a more experience qualified shop where you can get Dyno tested results before you even touch it ... when you ask for Dyno results it really catches the shops off guard especially if the shop suppose to be serious about there rebuilds, a fresh newly rebuild that's right will show good numbers and lastly ask for the old parts that where taking out to see whats replaced, with the cost of these transmissions you really got to watch and check to see whats going on ...hope everything works out for you