REBUILT 4L60E PROBLEMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crkrjac

Reaction score
Hey guys. Newbie here. I have a 97 Silverado 5.7 with 4l60. Just bought a rebuilt trans with upgrades. I put trans in and it slips in first gear and in reverse. Reverse only slips when you go from drive to reverse. Seems to be fine when put in reverse from park. This is the 3rd trans I have bought since October. (2 different builders for 2 different trucks) Not having any luck! Any one have any suggestions on what could be wrong with this trans? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!:banghead::banghead:

crkrjac

Reaction score
First one I bought was for 2001 gmc. Put it in only had 1st and reverse. Pulled trans back out builder gave me another...worked good for about 2000 miles and started slipping..called builder..tried to give me another and I told him it was obvious you cant build transmissions..not doing a #3. Got rid of truck. Tried a different builder for this trans..Has 2 year warranty. Builder is 2 hours from me. Called him told him what was up...His solution.... drive it!! Says he thinks something in valve body is sticking, Or case has a crack in it somewhere. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. Doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I know getting the truck over there might be hard, but if it's supposed to have a warranty then this builder needs to honor that and fix it...it's probably easier and cheaper to take the truck to him than to rebuild it all over again

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I know getting the truck over there might be hard, but if it's supposed to have a warranty then this builder needs to honor that and fix it...it's probably easier and cheaper to take the truck to him than to rebuild it all over again

This. Get a friend, a truck, and a trailer and tow it there. I hope you got the warranty in writing.....

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

crkrjac

Reaction score
Yep. Got warranty in writing. Does anyone know what could possibly sticking in the valve body to cause this or do you think this guy is blowing smoke?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
It shouldn't matter if there's anything sticking or not...He needs to fix it whatever the problem may be