rear door speakers on tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRT41320

Reaction score
Hey everybody, so the speakers in the rear doors of my truck weren't working. I figured it was the factory head unit because the speakers are fairly new. I got a new hu but they still won't work. I already tested them and they do work in the rear of the truck. I used an adapter for my pioneer hu to plug into the factory plug. I can see the wires for the rear speakers ( blue, light Blue, brown and yellow) going into the factory harness and then the adapter plug but I can't find the wires for the rear door speakers ( brown , light brown , red and peach color) in the factory plug. Are they spliced in farther down the harness?. I really don't want the rear speakers because nobody even rides back there but I would like the rear door speakers to work. I want to use the rear speakers wires for the rear door speakers instead of for the rear. Does anybody know where these rear door speakers get their signal from?.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
somebody didn't wire the factory amp for the rear speakers up to the new headunit

a google search will tell you some more specific details about how to wire it

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
If the rear speakers in the roof are working and the rear door speakers are not it is because your factory amp is not working. The blue amp wire needs to be connected to your receiver. I had the same problem when I first replace my h/u.

The amp is located under the dash somewhere between where your right knee would be and the 12v plugs. It is a small silver box and has i think 8 wires coming from it. This amp takes the signal from the rear outputs and sends it to the rear 4x10 speakers and amplifies another signal that is feed to the rear door speakers, thus no audio coming from them.

If the amp wire is connected then you probably have a dead amp. If so run all new speaker wires to each door speaker directly from the head unit using decent copper speaker wire. Don't even bother with the rear roof speakers, they sound like crap anyway and are a PITA.