Rear bumpers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, i was browsing on Craigslist and i i found a deal on a 88-98 rear bumper. Before i pull the trigger to my knowledge it will fit, but this bumper came off a 2wd not sure if its a silverado or not ill find out tomorrow. But it will fit a 4x4 truck right? only asking because me and my cuz learned the hard way on a factory hitch for his truck, and we learned tahoe and suburban hitches don't work on a silverado. thanks, Mike

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, i was browsing on Craigslist and i i found a deal on a 88-98 rear bumper. Before i pull the trigger to my knowledge it will fit, but this bumper came off a 2wd not sure if its a silverado or not ill find out tomorrow. But it will fit a 4x4 truck right? only asking because me and my cuz learned the hard way on a factory hitch for his truck, and we learned tohoe and suburban hitches don't work on a silverado. thanks, Mike

It will work as long as its off a truck with the same box style as yours.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What i mean is, if you have a stepside you will need a stepside bumper if you don't want to modify the bumper. If you have a fleetside bed then you need a fleetside bumper. A step side bumper will work on a fleet side but there will be unwanted gaps.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
What i mean is, if you have a stepside you will need a stepside bumper if you don't want to modify the bumper. If you have a fleetside bed then you need a fleetside bumper. A step side bumper will work on a fleet side but there will be unwanted gaps.

Gotcha, thanks a lot for the info Paul that clears it up, then i def dont want a step side bumper. I will check on that.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Saw the bumper today, looked really good unless your really picky, biggest downfall it has fine scratches on one end like it was like accross a shop floor, so i told him id pass. Ill just keep lookin.