Rear ac delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys got a question. 1998 GMC Yukon 4x4 4dr. I recently removed the rear air conditioning unit out of my rig. Replaced all the necessary ac lines with the right lines for no rear air. I didn’t cut any wires or anything for the rear air controls. Question is, will it still function with the rear air box being disconnected from the wiring without any problems? I haven’t had Freon put in it yet in case I have to do anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I had a rear passanger tire delete it all for me. actually my old but new looking spare tire detreaded itself and ripped all the damn lines off while my wife was driving my daughter to a baseball game and she was a long ways away. cost me $200 to have a tire brought and swapped on the side of the road. I cut the rubber out of one of the coolant lines and made a U connection where the coolant lines run through the frame. man this old rubber lasts forever. I'm honestly afraid to change anything with the coolant lines as I'm afraid of ****** new rubber that rots quickly.

So in short I need to do the exact same thing and would like to see what you have done so far.

dont trust old spares no matter how good they look. it's still a 25 year old tire...

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a rear passanger tire delete it all for me. actually my old but new looking spare tire detreaded itself and ripped all the damn lines off while my wife was driving my daughter to a baseball game and she was a long ways away. cost me $200 to have a tire brought and swapped on the side of the road. I cut the rubber out of one of the coolant lines and made a U connection where the coolant lines run through the frame. man this old rubber lasts forever. I'm honestly afraid to change anything with the coolant lines as I'm afraid of ****** new rubber that rots quickly.

So in short I need to do the exact same thing and would like to see what you have done so far.

dont trust old spares no matter how good they look. it's still a 25 year old tire...
All you need is to cut off front and add less refrigerant. It will work if you ever want to reinstall it but make sure you cover the aux lines inlets with something so no moisture can get inside. I just had mine fixed-3 days ago. I was lucky enough cause we managed to undo the nuts at the back on thicker of the auxiliary lines(which was cracked) and replace it with the hose-I uesd the bits of the aux line-and had the hose installed.

You must be registered for see images attach

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All you need is to cut off front and add less refrigerant. It will work if you ever want to reinstall it but make sure you cover the aux lines inlets with something so no moisture can get inside. I just had mine fixed-3 days ago. I was lucky enough cause we managed to undo the nuts at the back on thicker of the auxiliary lines(which was cracked) and replace it with the hose-I uesd the bits of the aux line-and had the hose installed.

You must be registered for see images attach

I didn’t cut anything just got the correct lines and removed all the lines and airbox

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn’t cut anything just got the correct lines and removed all the lines and airbox

By "cut off" I mean close the outlets of the lines that run to the auxiliary lines-there are kits for sale on ebay-2 plugs with some o rings. There is/was no need to do anything else apart from charging system with correct amount of gas for front ac only. It will work just fine.