RCX 6" removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, im going to look at a rough country 6" lift. He has had it on the truck for about 4 years. The engine bay caught fire but was put out before it ruined any other part of the truck. The guy is wanting 350 for the kit, but I have to remove it. I have never removed or put one on before so im not sure what I'd be getting into. but i think i could figure it out. Anyone have advice for this? or some good intructions for removal? I know how to remove everything from the rear(blocks,leaf,u-bolts, shocks) and a decent idea for the front but im not 100% sure. Can you guys tell me some key parts il need, as well as tools for removal?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I think the trickiest part would be is the torsion bars as ive never removed or installed them, the rest is just nuts and bolts assuming they didnt weld anything on, also make sure you have a ball joint splitter

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
everything is just bolts. remove torsion bars and then everythign else is cake

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When we put mine on we didn't even remove the torsion bars. They just wouldn't budge. We took out them control arms torsion bars and rear cross member all in on piece. I would go to the rough country site and print off the installation instructions and the parts list. This should give u a good idea what your getting into.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
When we put mine on we didn't even remove the torsion bars. They just wouldn't budge. We took out them control arms torsion bars and rear cross member all in on piece. I would go to the rough country site and print off the installation instructions and the parts list. This should give u a good idea what your getting into.
^^ This

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do this.. plus the instructions list out all the hardware an things you need to make sure you get as well. Plan on it taking a whole day to remove. The only special tool you need will be a torsion bar tool, and a 35 mm socket for the axle nut if you don't have one already..

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got in from looking closer at the lift. The fire melted quite a bit of the the truck. from the pictures it didnt look bad but im going to pass on this. I dont want to be riding on something that will put me or anyone else in danger