Rat roded OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
So my budget for this year wont reach enough for a paint job. But i had a plan that i htink could be cool for shows and stuff. Basicly ill finish up the frame with the 4 link in the rear, boxing the frame, moving the tank to behind the axle and then painted the frame black with a red 4 link and sway bar. Same with the front, coil overs, steering components, sway bar and such will go red. So that part of the truck will look good! So basily im thinking on paint the cab and doors black the way i want, paint the front and rear bumper, the front grill, and rad support. Then ill assember the truck with only a Cab, front and rear bumper, radiator support and grill with all my head lights and HIDs in it. Ill hold the rad support up with a threaded rod... Then ill find some sort of tail light that i can mod to put on top of the bumper. Or for the tail light, i can make a bar that stick up, and bolt my stock Tail lights to the that...

Could make for a cool looking rat rodded OBS to go to car shows around here. Any thoughts on it?

You must be registered for see images attach

Another thing i think could look cool is mounting the hood.... Now i know, i need fenders right? Well heres my plan for that, find some old rusted out fenders, cut the back inside of it where it bolts to behind the doors and the top of the cab (under the hood) i could use that bracket to mount the threaded rod to hold the rad support, and use that to put and take off the hood with out damaging anything or making a hole in my freshly painted fire wall!

Guys... thoughts?:rockit:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
sounds kinda cool for an in between stage, the only real requirement would be...... some red steelies! :D

Sent from my static android

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
No.

Put you truck back together, painted and un painted. If you go to shows, anyone who knows what they are looking at will know its a work in progress. I like rat rods, traditional rods, ETC. but there is nothing worse than a half assed attempt at a "rat rod" theme on a late model vehicle. Focus your effort on the final product. Come up with a game plan, (which, I think you have already) and stick to it.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
No.

Put you truck back together, painted and un painted. If you go to shows, anyone who knows what they are looking at will know its a work in progress. I like rat rods, traditional rods, ETC. but there is nothing worse than a half assed attempt at a "rat rod" theme on a late model vehicle. Focus your effort on the final product. Come up with a game plan, (which, I think you have already) and stick to it.

I agree, this whole rat rod thing had gotten way out of hand. Its lost its meaning and where it comes from. It has turned into making something out of VINTAGE parts to making something out of JUNK parts.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
No.

^^^^^^AGREED^^^^^^^^^^^^ 250%

nothing wrong with primer look at mine and I can assure Ive had lots of comments about it lots of coverage from shows and trophy in the construction category

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
if anything take to the shows as a rollin chassis or with the cab mounted u dont need the bed on if its not ready plus you showw off those widened ss wheels on some ****** tires

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I've taken.mine as it sits to a couple cruise nights and a local show and definitely got compliments and my truck looks like hammered chit

Sent from my static android

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No.

/\ THIS sorry but I hate the rat rod look on anything other than an older car of that period.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
No.

I couldn't have said it any better.

You must be registered for see images attach