Random Spark Plugs Arching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strocket

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive got a 94 2500 with the 5.7 and this is the second time ive changed both plugs and wires and im still getting arcs around the plugs. The first time I changed them was due to a check engine light giving me the code of Electronic Spark Timing Circuit. So I changed them and the CE light never turned off. So I took it out on a dark road and popped the hood. I was getting arcs from almost all of the wires. I figured maybe I had just got a bad box of wires so I changed both of them again. This time the wires are fine but it seems to be arcing around the plug themselves. Its really hard to tell exactly where theyre coming from cause im having to concentrate my eyes on the spark and then turn the light on to see where its coming from. Its alot easier said then done so im not sure how else to describe it. I dont even know where to begin with the problem. Im thinking maybe its a bad ground somewhere? Any ideas? As much as I hope no one else has delt with this problem im hoping someone has an answer for me lol.