Random misfire at idle 454 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elevatorman

Reaction score
So i have found a schematic finally for my truck my only confusion is the pinouts.
All pins are labeled a,b,c and d i have yet too figure out of the four colored harness connectors which they are

elevatorman

Reaction score
Update going while ohming out the injector harness from the ecm everything is solid except i made too injector 8 and there no wire too b5.
And i could not find any on the b plug. So currently trying too probe all connectors too find it

elevatorman

Reaction score
Well definitely have zero signal wire too number 8 from ecm. And i cannot find it loose in the harness up by the relay box anywhere. I guess my next issue would where too get the pins too add the wire in.
Im still confused because i did a injector balance test and they all bled down equally unless number 8 somehow is getting a cross signal from where ever the wire is in the harness. But doesnt seem possible when doing the test only firing the one.
Also my miss always is dominant on cylinder 1 and bank 1 lt trims are higher.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If #8 isn't misfiring, and there's no problem indicated with #8 on the injector-balance test, you're maybe reading the schematic incorrectly.

Misfire results in a false-lean O2 sensor reading, which is maybe why the fuel trims are in rich-command for the bank that #1 is on.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your key on engine off fuel pressure is too low. You said you replaced the FPR. What was the part number on the one you installed? The parts stores give people the wrong one all the time. They physically fit, but the pressure is not correct.

Did you only find and replace a single leaking injector? i.e. do you currently have one new Bosch injector and 7 OEM injectors?

elevatorman

Reaction score
If #8 isn't misfiring, and there's no problem indicated with #8 on the injector-balance test, you're maybe reading the schematic incorrectly.

Misfire results in a false-lean O2 sensor reading, which is maybe why the fuel trims are in rich-command for the bank that #1 is on.
The schematic i had was wrong for injector 8 i did find it on the blue connector

elevatorman

Reaction score
Your key on engine off fuel pressure is too low. You said you replaced the FPR. What was the part number on the one you installed? The parts stores give people the wrong one all the time. They physically fit, but the pressure is not correct.

Did you only find and replace a single leaking injector? i.e. do you currently have one new Bosch injector and 7 OEM injectors?
All 8 new bosch