Radio forgets presets - bad radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is in a Ford Bronco but it probably doesn't matter. The previous owner put an inexpensive CD player in and looks reasonably well wired together. It kept memory settings until the other day and now intermittently forgets everything when the ignition is off.

Checking the wiring harness that plugs into the head unit, I have 12V on the yellow wire with ignition off (so that's constant power I guess), 0 on the red when ignition off and 12V on red when ignition is on.

Does this, then, sound like a bad radio versus some wiring issue with the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, this thing doesn't even have a manufacturer's name on it so it was definitely a bargain bin buy. But as long as it isn't a vehicle electrical issue then it's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Only one way to tell, plug in another head unit and test it. I was looking at head units the other day, they have some on amazon for like $20. With aux ports, Bluetooth, etc....I wouldn't buy one, but if you need another cheap replacement, they are out there.