Question about clutch pedal assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skaneever

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled the clutch pedal out of my 92 today to keep for an eventual swap into my 94. The question I have is, there is a neutral safety switch which I believe is the switch that has 2 heavy gauge wires that come out of it, one purple, one yellow. I tried to trace them out to figure where they go and I believe the purple one goes to the starter, not sure where the yellow one goes. This made me believe that this is the neutral safety switch. Now, the 92 had cruise control and there is a second switch that looks VERY similar to the nss. This one has a grey and either black or brown wire that are much smaller gauge that go thru the firewall and into the cruise control box under the hood. I believe this switch was positioned on the pedal bracket so it was depressed when the clutch pedal was not pressed. The question i have is do I need to reinstall this switch when i do my swap if I'm not going to have cruise? This shouldnt effect anything but the cruise correct? Thanks in advance.

1992chevy

Reaction score
how was the clutch pedal to get out? i'm looking for a assembly for my 92, swaping a 5spd in to it is their anything i need to remove from the underside of the dash to install the clutch pedal assembly? is it a seperate unit by itself from the brake and gas pedal mount? do you have any pictures?